Monday, October 18, 2010

Dave Telep on the Eddie Griffin Challenge

Yesterday I was able to attend the 8th annual Eddie Griffin Challenge at Trenton Catholic High School in New Jersey. The event ran smoothly, and during my time there for the sophomore and junior games, I saw a number of big-name players live up to their billing and some under-the-radar guys maybe start to make names for themselves.

Over the coming day or two, I will have full recaps and write-ups on the sophomore and junior games. In the meantime, here is a link to an article written by a talent-evaluator much better than myself. Dave Telep, who just switched over from Scout.com to ESPN is one of the best there is. His recap of the game is linked below and well worth reading.

Dave Telep Article

3 comments:

  1. any word on how the SJU team is looking in practice? also, is there any reason as to why there was no midnight madness this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telep's write up pretty much looked the same as any others I have seen. Have to be recruited by a BCS school to be any good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woz, the formula typically is the same. Get hype early, make a name for yourself, and then have the sites go ga-ga over every little thing.

    Eric, I have only seen the two scrimmages that I wrote about. I am hoping to make a practice this week. If I do, I'll write about it here.

    ReplyDelete